The Human Animal is a six part BBC Documentary series covering different aspects of the human evolution.
1. "The Language of the Body"
- Gestures: Greetings, Insults, Signals, Gesticulations
- Facial Expressions: Stares, Smiles, Tells
2. "The Hunting Ape"
- Diet: Fondness for sweets, Culinary variety
- Evolution: Arboreal vegetarianism, Savannah meat-eating, Cooperative hunting with weapons, Food preparation, Aquatic ape hypothesis
- Vestigal hunting behavior: Jobs, Sport Hunting, War
3. "The Human Zoo"
- Urban Tribalism: Familiarity, Theft, Uniforms, Rituals, Conflict, Social status, Territory
4. "Biology of Love"
- Courtship: Finding partners, Gender signals, Dating, Tie signs, Pair bonding, Intercourse
5. "The Immortal Genes"
- Life cycle: Infant-parent interaction, Baby signals, Child behavior, Rites of passage, Cultural indoctrination, Fighting aging, Grandparenting, Afterlives
6. "Beyond Survival"
- Creativity: Body adornment, Architectural embellishments, Vehicles, Art
- Artistic progression: Innate scribbling, Realism
- Play: Childhood experimentation, Adult inventiveness, Sports, Thrill-seeking, Symbolic thinking
- Erratum: Firewalking has been explained.